Welcome to Depression Bipolar Support Alliance Tennessee
DBSA Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Tennessee is a state chapter of DBSA National and a networking organization of DBSA Support Groups in Tennessee. These groups provide education, support, outreach and advocacy for people living with mood disorders in Tennessee.
The mission of DBSA is to promote, provide support and resources for, affiliated local chapters in Tennessee to help them improve the lives of people living with mood disorders. We promote our chapters’Support Group Meetings and other events through our web site.
The goal is to improve the lives of people living with mood disorders by:
- Nurturing the development of mood disorder support groups and providing mutual support and networking;
- Educating residents about the nature of mood disorders as treatable medical illnesses;
- Improving access to mental health services and increasing awareness about mental health issues; and
Acting as a link between the DBSA National office and its affiliated chapters and local support groups in TN.
The Value of DBSA Support Groups
DBSA support groups provide the kind of sharing and caring that is crucial for a lifetime of wellness.
DBSA support groups:
- give you the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have been there.
- motivate you to follow your treatment plan.
- help you understand that a mood disorder does not define who you are.
- help you rediscover strengths and humor you may have thought you had lost.
- provide a forum for mutual acceptance, understanding, and self-discovery.
Remember, support groups are not a substitute for professional care. DBSA chapters and support groups do not endorse or recommend the use of any specific treatment or medication. For advice about specific treatment or medication, individuals should consult their physicians and/or mental health professionals.