Welcome to Depression Bipolar Support Alliance Tennessee
DBSA, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, Tennessee, is a national nonprofit mental health organization.The mission of DBSA is to improve the lives of people living with mood disorder through support groups, education and advocacy.
DBSA Tennessee serve people through out Tennessee. DBSA Chapters provide Support Group Meetings for people who live with depression and bipolar disorder. Support groups and education are also available for family and friends.
The goal is to improve the lives of people living with mood disorders by:
- Nurturing the development of mood disorder support groups and providing mutual support and networking;
- Educating residents about the nature of mood disorders as treatable medical illnesses;
- Improving access to mental health services and increasing awareness about mental health issues; and
Acting as a link between the DBSA National office and its affiliated chapters and local support groups in TN.
The Value of DBSA Support Groups
DBSA support groups provide the kind of sharing and caring that is crucial for a lifetime of wellness.
DBSA support groups:
- give you the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have been there.
- motivate you to follow your treatment plan.
- help you understand that a mood disorder does not define who you are.
- help you rediscover strengths and humor you may have thought you had lost.
- provide a forum for mutual acceptance, understanding, and self-discovery.
Remember, support groups are not a substitute for professional care. DBSA chapters and support groups do not endorse or recommend the use of any specific treatment or medication. For advice about specific treatment or medication, individuals should consult their physicians and/or mental health professionals.